How to dispose of old garbage containers once you receive your new garbage carts from Waste Management.
As you probably know by now, the City of Tamarac has a new garbage vendor, Waste Management.
Beginning in October, residents are scheduled to receive one roll-out cart with wheels for garbage AND another roll-out cart for recycling. (Please note: Recycling containers will have yellow lids to help differentiate them from the regular garbage carts.)
With the change in service and the vendor providing standard sized carts to all single-family homes, many residents have asked: “What do I do with my old garbage containers?”
After you receive your new carts, you can dispose of your old garbage containers by simply marking them with an “X” in paint or with tape and leave them curbside for pick-up.
Here’s what else you need to know about the change in the City’s garbage vendor:
- Garbage will still be collected twice weekly;
- Recycling and Bulk Waste will still be collected once per week;
- Most residents will have some change to their scheduled garbage pick-up days;
- Service days will be some combination of Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Friday. (The garbage carts will have stickers on them with the specific collection days listed.);
- Carts should be placed outside no later than 7:00 a.m. on the day of your scheduled pick-up. (Keep in mind, the handles and wheels of the carts must be facing your home.);
- Residents will see a drop in rates, from $25.24 to 22.60 per month;
- Side-Door service is still available for those who would require this service. Please call Waste Management Customer Service for details and costs.*
Initially, drivers will be servicing your home with rear-load trucks. In early 2012, Waste Management will introduce a fleet of 14 new, automated trucks powered by clean, energy-efficient compressed natural gas (CNG)! The Waste Management CNG fleet is the first for any waste services company in South Florida.
*Costs may be waived for those with medical/physical conditions. Call the city for details.