By: Sharon Aron Baron
Anyone that lives in South Florida knows that you may be an good driver, but everyday you may have to deal with inexperienced, impatient and even dangerous drivers.
The AARP is providing a class open to drivers of all ages to review the current rules of the road, learn defensive driving techniques, and how to operate a vehicle more safely. Participants will learn how to manage and accommodate common age-related changes in vision, hearing and reaction time.
In addition, participants will learn:
· How to minimize the effects of dangerous blind spots
· How to maintain the proper following distance behind another car
· The safest ways to change lanes and make turns at busy intersections
· Proper use of safety belts, air bags, anti-lock brakes, and new technologies used in cars
· Ways to monitor your own and others’ driving skills and capabilities
· The effects of medications on driving
· The importance of eliminating distractions, such as eating, smoking, and cell-phone use
The next class is a six hour class set for both December 17 and December 18 at 9:00 a.m at the Tamarac Community Center 8601 W Commercial Blvd. Course costs $15 for AARP members or $20 for non-members. Participants who successfully complete the course will be provided with a certificate for their auto insurance agency. Most agencies will allow for a discount on auto insurance premiums for up to three years. Call 954-597-3620 to register.
The AARP is providing a class open to drivers of all ages.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.05.31Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Holds Shabbat Services in Spanish, Hebrew and English
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County
- News2023.05.24Meet Gretel and Sissy, 2 Sweethearts Searching for Forever Homes