By: Sharon Aron Baron
If you love sand volleyball, but don’t want to drive to the beach, then the Sand Turtles Volleyball has just the league for adults who want some fun and exercise in a social setting.
The adult co-ed league will begin June 3 – July 15, 2016 from 7:00-8:30- p.m. This will be six Fridays with a party on the last night. Coach Mark Lewkowicz said that it would be fun, but competitive, six-person teams with four playing at once.
Sand Turtles Volleyball started in 2009 when the local middle schools cut volleyball from their budgets.
“I was so upset because I played with both my daughters and had a great time,” said Lewkowicz. Middle school is the age when players are introduced to the sport.”
Instead of fighting with the school system, he started The Sand Turtles Volleyball which specializes in beginner and intermediate training in Coral Springs, Coconut Creek and Boca Raton with no experience needed. They even have a summer camp for kids.
“We teach them how to play with a focus on physical fitness,” he said.
Cost is $50 per player. Players from Tamarac, Lauderhill and Broward County welcom. This includes the court rental, referee and volleyballs and will meet at Riverside Park in Coral Springs 205 Coral Ridge Dr, Coral Springs, FL 33071.
For more information contact www.sandturtlevolleyball.com
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.04.19Volunteers Needed at Free Food Distribution at Chabad of Coral Springs
- News2021.04.18Reported Altercation in Tamarac Leaves 1 Dead
- News2021.04.17Woman Scammed out of $200K on Dating Site in Tamarac Crime Updates
- News2021.04.16President, Governor, Directs Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of Indianapolis Victims on April 20