By: Sharon Aron Baron
A man armed with a gun and wearing a mask, calmly walked into a 7-Eleven appearing to be in no rush to rip off the Tamarac convenience store.
His cool demeanor didn’t put the clerk at ease because he points a gun with an extended magazine to summon the clerk from the back of the store to the register.
Just after 2 a.m. on Sunday, February 7, the masked robber entered the store located at 8201 N. Pine Island Road and demanded money from both registers. He calmly waited, not even bothering to look around, as the clerk placed the register drawers on the counter. In the surveillance video, the thief is seen scooping the money out and leaving through the front door. According to detectives, he made off with only $77.
The male robber is about 5 feet 9 inches tall and is seen in the video wearing a blue hoodie, jeans and black gloves. He is carrying a gray messenger-type bag and wearing black-and-white Nike sneakers with the trademark check mark across the toes.
If you have information about this armed robbery, call BSO Robbery Det. Mark Copley at 954-321-4270 or contact Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, by phone at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
A reward of up to $3,000 is available for information leading to an arrest.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.06.02FBI Seeking Information on Individuals Inciting Violence During Protected Peaceful Demonstrations
- News2020.06.01Rollover Crash in Tamarac Leaves Two Dead
- News2020.05.29COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac from the Florida Department of Health May 28
- News2020.05.285 Tamarac Seniors Graduate from Calvary Christian Academy During ‘Drive-in’ Ceremony