By: Sharon Aron Baron
Tamarac residents have a chance to find out what’s going on in the city and in their community during the annual Neighborhood Meeting.
Each year, representatives from every city department along with the respective city commissioner travels into various communities for the annual meetings giving residents a chance to ask questions. The agenda consists of an update on projects in the district, upcoming events, and an interactive Q & A session on topics of their choice.
Every district meeting has a host location, but residents from outside of the district that they live in are welcome to attend.
District Two runs along the southern portion of Tamarac west to the Sawgrass Expressway and some communities north to McNab and is represented by Commissioner Mike Gelin. This meeting will take place at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 17, at the Tamarac Community Center 8601 W. Commercial Blvd.
District Three comprises mostly of Kings Point and the Westwood communities and is represented by Commissioner Julie Fishman. This meeting will take place at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 16, at Kings Point Clubhouse
7620 N. Nob Hill Rd.
District One is the eastern portion of Tamarac represented by Commissioner Marlon Bolton. This meeting will take place at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 22, at the Mainlands 1 & 2 Clubhouse 4301 Mainland Drive
District Four residents primarily live in the Woodmont and Sunflower/Heathgate neighborhoods and are represented by Commissioner Debra Placko. This meeting will take place at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 29, at the Tamarac Community Center 8601 W. Commercial Blvd.
Not sure which district you live in? Check out this district map here.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.09.19Coral Springs Center for the Arts Launches Comedy and Music October and November
- News2019.09.18Tamarac City Commissioners Voted to Approve Office Furnishings in Amended Budget
- News2019.09.18Broward County Schools Holds ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2019.09.17Students Can Earn Service Hours at 34th Annual International Coastal Cleanup