By: Sharon Aron Baron
Beginning December 1, Broward County Public Schools will open the School Choice application window for the 2019/20 school year on December 1, where parents can apply online for a school reassignments, Nova and magnet programs.
During the window lasting through February 6, 2019, Tamarac parents are encouraged to explore all of the district’s School Choice options available for their families.
Whether parents apply December 1 or February 6, they still have the same chance of getting accepted into an available school, and if there are more applications than seats, it will go into a lottery. Also, magnet and Nova schools provide bus service, a school reassignment does not.
To learn more about the many educational options available across Broward County Public Schools and apply online beginning December 1, visit the School Choice website at browardschools.com/schoolchoice. Families can explore their options in several ways, such as by student interest, grade level and by individual school name.
The School Choice application will be available online on the School Choice website beginning December 1, 2018, at 8 a.m. For more information on School Choice, parents and guardians can contact the Demographics and Student Assignments Department at 754-321-2480.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.05.07Investigation Into Public Records Media Leak May Cost Tamarac Taxpayers up to $50,000
- News2021.05.06Broward County Votes to Change the Woodlands Golf Greens into Homes
- News2021.05.052 Injured in Vehicle Crash in Tamarac
- News2021.04.30Patient Thanks Doctors and Nurses for Saving Her Life 1 Year After Near-Fatal Heart Attack