By: Sharon Aron Baron
Homicide detectives are investigating after two elderly individuals died in a Tamarac house fire.
Shortly after 5 p.m. on Wednesday, there was a report of a residential structure fire located at 7305 N.W. 65th St. in Tamarac.
Tamarac Fire Rescue and North Lauderdale Fire Rescue responded to the scene, extinguished the fire, and brought two people out of the house.
One adult female was pronounced dead on the scene. Tamarac Fire Rescue transported one adult male to the hospital where he was pronounced deceased. There were a total of five occupants of the house.
According to city spokesperson Elise Boston, they monitor all licensed Assisted Living Facilities (ALF) as well as speak with them several times a week. “They were not on our list,” she said. We have no idea if it was being run as an ALF.”
BSO homicide detectives are working with the State Fire Marshal Office to investigate the cause of the fire.
Got News? Send a message to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.06.17Broward County Public Schools Offer 39 Covid Vaccination Sites for Students 12 and Older
- News2021.06.12University Hospital begins using 3rd Robotic System for Minimally Invasive Surgery
- News2021.06.12Renaissance Charter School in Tamarac Completes Recycle Challenge
- News2021.06.10Tamarac Needs You To Run For Office in 2022