By Sharon Aron Baron
The Broward Teacher’s Union is hosting a Pfizer vaccine drive-thru at their offices in Tamarac.
Held on Saturday, August 28, from 9 a.m. – to 5 p.m., teachers can also qualify for the $250 incentive.
On Monday, the vaccine known as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine was approved by the FDA for individuals 16 and older.
On August 17, The Broward County School Board approved a $250 inventive bonus for district school employees who get vaccinated against COVID-19.
District officials said any public school employee who is already fully vaccinated or meets the requirement by Oct. 20, 2021, will be offered the bonus.
Less than two weeks into the school year, more than 1,300 confirmed COVID cases were at Palm Beach County Schools. About 1,200 of those cases are among students, according to reports. The first day of school was Aug. 10, but the district did not mandate masks until Aug. 18.
School employees will need to show proof they received both doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
The Broward Teacher’s Union is located at 6000 N University Drive in Tamarac.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.12.072022 PuroClean Classic Golf Tournament Held Dec. 9
- News2022.12.06Santa Makes a Special Appearance at Rudolph’s Winter Wonderland Dec. 9
- News2022.12.04Sawgrass Nature Center Invites Kids to ‘Camp Wild’ for Winter Break
- News2022.12.01Talk Media Named 2022 Finalist by the Florida Press Club