This article was originally published April 2015 and it’s worth repeating again.
By: Sharon Aron Baron
Residents that would like to buy or sell items on Craigslist or any other online site, but are too afraid to meet strangers, can now utilize the facilities of the Broward Sheriff’s Office Tamarac District where they can conduct their transactions in a safe environment.
“If you’re selling an item, you can become an easy victim of a transaction,” said Detective Sgt. Rich Rossman who has been with BSO for 19 years and has been educating local HOA’s about safety. “If it doesn’t feel right, don’t do it,” he warns. “If the hair on your neck stands up – let it go.”
He recommends that buyers and sellers utilize the parking lot or lobby of the Tamarac BSO location where their transaction can be completed safely and monitored with surveillance cameras inside or out.
The lobby area is open from 7 a.m to 10 p.m. for those that want to come inside, but Rossman says they aren’t going to facilitate the transaction between two people. “We aren’t going to get involved or write a report. This is a community outreach program.”
The Tamarac BSO Office is located at 7515 Pine Island Road Tamarac, FL 33321.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.23Joseph Britner Joins University Hospital and Medical Center as New Chief Operating Officer
- News2021.09.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Welcomes 2 New Businesses to Town
- News2021.09.21Tamarac Resident Warns Neighbors After Coyote Sighting
- News2021.09.20Reserve Your Space at Tamarac’s City-Wide Garage Sale