Members of the Broward Sheriff’s Office V.I.P.E.R. Unit have arrested a man suspected of shooting two men outside a North Lauderdale fast food restaurant, killing one.
Just before 11 p.m. on Dec. 24, Broward Sheriff’s Office Deputies responded to a shooting at 7120 W. McNab Road in North Lauderdale. According to police, they found two men suffering from gunshot wounds.
Paramedics from North Lauderdale Fire Rescue transported both individuals to Broward Health Medical Center for treatment. Renel Sintira, 34, was pronounced deceased at the hospital, and Diomonte Jean, 25, was treated for his injuries and is expected to survive.
Detectives believe Brandon Martin, 22, was the shooter. Martin and Jean knew each other and were involved in a verbal altercation. At some point, Martin produced a firearm and fired multiple rounds. Jean was struck as well as Sintira. Detectives said Sintira does not appear to have any connection to Martin or Jean.
On December 25, homicide detectives obtained an arrest warrant for Martin, and V.I.P.E.R. detectives located Martin and arrested him. Martin is facing charges of first-degree murder and attempted second-degree murder. Detectives say Martin confessed to the crime.
- A Coral Springs resident for over 30 years, Jim Donnelly has had a 40-year career as a photographer, videographer, and editor for South Florida affiliate news stations, along with CNN, ESPN, ABC Sports and News, NBC Sports and News, Fox News, and CBS. Donnelly has won several awards, including EMMY’s, for his team coverage. Currently, he owns Image Masters Photography and works as a Realtor.
- NewsSeptember 26, 2023Tamarac Crime Update: 6 Car Theft Incidents This Week
- NewsSeptember 18, 2023Tamarac Crime Update: 8 Telecom Batteries Stolen From Cell Phone Tower Worth $6K
- NewsSeptember 11, 2023Tamarac Crime Update: Burglar Makes Clean Getaway Stealing a Washer And Dryer
- NewsSeptember 4, 2023Tamarac Crime Update: Fraud Victim In Kings Point Loses $13K