By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac is building a new park and they’re asking residents for their input into the design and development.
The new six acre park, called Waters Edge, is slated to open in 2017 and will be located east of University Drive south of NW 61 Street – behind the Broward Teacher’s Union Building.
According to the City, due to its size and location, the parcel lends itself to development as a primarily passive park, with some elements for play and sports activity, however, residents may believe there is room for more.
Some of the park features that are under consideration include multipurpose pathways, picnic shelters, a playground, basketball court and a sand volleyball court. Residents are encouraged to to submit their ideas to the City by August 23rd, 2015. Submit your suggestion here. You can even add photos to your submission letting City officials know what you would like to see in your new park.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.09.19Coral Springs Center for the Arts Launches Comedy and Music October and November
- News2019.09.18Tamarac City Commissioners Voted to Approve Office Furnishings in Amended Budget
- News2019.09.18Broward County Schools Holds ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2019.09.17Students Can Earn Service Hours at 34th Annual International Coastal Cleanup