By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac is building a new park and they’re asking residents for their input into the design and development.
The new six acre park, called Waters Edge, is slated to open in 2017 and will be located east of University Drive south of NW 61 Street – behind the Broward Teacher’s Union Building.
According to the City, due to its size and location, the parcel lends itself to development as a primarily passive park, with some elements for play and sports activity, however, residents may believe there is room for more.
Some of the park features that are under consideration include multipurpose pathways, picnic shelters, a playground, basketball court and a sand volleyball court. Residents are encouraged to to submit their ideas to the City by August 23rd, 2015. Submit your suggestion here. You can even add photos to your submission letting City officials know what you would like to see in your new park.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.09.27City of Tamarac Updates Residents on Hurricane Ian
- News2022.09.22Just Between Friends Consignment Event Returns October 6-9 in Coral Springs
- News2022.09.15TICKET ALERT: Comedian Brian Regan Performs at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- News2022.09.15TICKET ALERT: Comedian Kathleen Madigan Heads to Coral Springs for 2023 Tour