By: Sharon Aron Baron
Because Hurricane Matthew disrupted mail delivery last week, a judge on Monday extended Florida’s voter registration deadline until Tuesday, October 18th.
The extension, was initially refused by Governor Rick Scott, however, U.S. District Judge Mark Walker granted the Florida Democratic Party’s request for a temporary restraining order to extend the deadline past its scheduled time of 5 p.m. on Monday – giving those that have not registered to vote an extra day to do so.
On Wednesday, Walker held a hearing that extended the voter registration deadline until the 18th.
If you are not sure where you need to vote, check your voter’s registration here to verify which precinct you are registered for. If you have moved from out-of-state or from another county, your voter’s registration must be updated now in order to vote in the November 8, 2016 general election in our precinct. Register to vote here.
Registration Closes – Wednesday, October 18, 2016
If you have any doubt you may not make it on election day or early voting, then Vote By Mail. Vote By Mail is now free of charge…no return postage on the envelope. The trick is that once you get your ballot, you just cannot let it sit around – you have to mail it back!
Take a look at the sample ballot: View it here .To order your Vote by Mail, just go on line to the Supervisor of Elections and follow the prompts.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.08.21Tamarac’s Michael Cernech Makes Announcement Regarding Delray Beach City Manager Position
- News2019.08.20Delray Beach Picks Tamarac City Manager for Top Position
- News2019.08.20Petco Donates $250,000 to Broward County Animal Care and Adoption Programs
- Events2019.08.19Register Now for the Next City-Wide Garage Sale in Tamarac