By Kevin Deutsch
Broward Sheriff’s Office robbery detectives are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man who robbed a North Lauderdale gas station.
Surveillance footage shows the robber—an unidentified man with long dreads wearing a black hat, white shirt and light-colored shorts—walking into the Mobil gas station at 1391 S. State Road 7 on Jan. 16, just before 1 p.m., BSO said in a press release.
In the video, the man is seen approaching the gas station clerk’s window, where he is handed several products. A verbal confrontation breaks out between the man and the clerk, before the man leaves the store, according to BSO.
According to investigators, the man left without purchasing the item he was handed. When the gas station clerk confronted the man outside the business, the man brandished a gun before leaving the scene in a Silver Dodge Ram, the clerk told detectives.
Investigators ask anyone with information about the man’s identity to call BSO Robbery Detective Mark Copley at 954-321-4738. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or submit a tip online at browardcrimestoppers.org.
Anonymous tips that lead to an arrest are eligible for a reward of up to $5,000, according to BSO.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2023.06.04Teen Killed in Tamarac Crash Remembered as ‘Ray of Sunshine’
- News2023.06.02Woman Steals Ambulance in Tamarac, Causes 2 Car Accidents
- News2023.05.31Crash Claims the Life of 18-Year-Old Coral Springs Man: Investigation Underway
- News2023.05.315 People Injured in Tamarac Crash, Taken to Area Hospitals