Tamarac Talk reported on Saturday about a two-vehicle crash that sent two people to the hospital. We have just received an update from BSO and have found out that the elderly woman has died following the crash.
The fatal collision happened approximately 10:40 a.m. May 26 near 5000 Rock Island Rd. The victim, 87-year-old Emilie Slavinski, of Tamarac, was traveling south on Rock Island Road and turning left onto Northwest 50 Street when the 2001 Chevrolet Malibu she was driving was struck on the passenger side by a northbound 2000 Honda Accord driven by Perdomo Samuels, 24, also of Tamarac.
BSO’s air rescue transported Slavinski to Broward Health Medical Center where she died Saturday. Samuels was also taken to Broward Health Medical Center by Tamarac Fire Rescue. There were no passengers in the vehicles.
Charges are pending while Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives are investigating.
Thank you to Edward Enciu for sending these photos
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.01.24Clear Space by Safely Disposing Hazardous Waste on February 1
- News2020.01.23Tamarac Woman Dies After Single-Vehicle Accident in Coral Springs
- News2020.01.23Broward County Offering Express Service from BB&T Center to Miami International Airport
- News2020.01.21J.P. Taravella Drama Holding Semiannual Garage Sale