Update: This report initially was released and said that the bank robbery occurred in Lauderhill. Based on the address, the bank shows it it is is in Lauderhill but it is actually located in Tamarac on the Northeast corner of Commercial and University. Tamarac Talk regrets this error.
By: Sharon Aron Baron
A bank robber dressed in a reflective vest and hard hat took off with an undisclosed amount of money from the BB&T Bank in Tamarac on Tuesday. With an outfit complete with hard hat and gloves, the robber looked like he was fresh off a construction site or even a lawn crew.
Surveillance photos show him at the counter demanding cash from the teller. FBI agents said that customers were in the bank located at 5600 N. University Drive at the time of the robbery.
If anyone has information as to the identity of this robber, they are urged to call the FBI at (305) 944-9101.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2020.11.25Tamarac History: Former U.S. Congressman Once Made his Home in the Woodlands Country Club
- News2020.11.25Man Posing as Roofing Contractor Arrested After Scamming Tamarac Resident
- News2020.11.23City of Tamarac Continues with Residential Assistance Program
- News2020.11.19Tamarac Crime Update and Arrests Through November 16