By: Sharon Aron Baron
Individuals and families needing help with free tax preparation this year will able to find it thanks to a federal program created over 40 years ago.
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) in collaboration with the City of Tamarac and Hispanic Unity will provide free income tax services through April 17 for individuals without children and working families who earned $54,000 or less in 2017. In addition to working families and individuals, this free tax preparation assistance is also available for persons with disabilities, veterans, the elderly, and limited English-speaking taxpayers. The service is provided by trained IRS-certified volunteer tax preparers who will also determine an individual’s eligibility for special tax credits such as Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit, Education and other credits to maximize tax payer returns.
To schedule your appointment, call 954-597-3642 Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. The location is held at the Tamarac Community Center 8601 West Commercial Blvd Tamarac FL. You will need your social security card, W-2’s and identification. Couples filing together both need to be present.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.25Burglar Who Poses at Deputy Breaks Into Tamarac Home
- Events2021.09.24BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet in North Lauderdale
- News2021.09.23Joseph Britner Joins University Hospital and Medical Center as New Chief Operating Officer
- News2021.09.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Welcomes 2 New Businesses to Town