By: Sharon Aron Baron
Individuals and families needing help with free tax preparation this year will able to find it thanks to a federal program created over 40 years ago.
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) in collaboration with the City of Tamarac and Hispanic Unity will provide free income tax services through April 17 for individuals without children and working families who earned $54,000 or less in 2017. In addition to working families and individuals, this free tax preparation assistance is also available for persons with disabilities, veterans, the elderly, and limited English-speaking taxpayers. The service is provided by trained IRS-certified volunteer tax preparers who will also determine an individual’s eligibility for special tax credits such as Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit, Education and other credits to maximize tax payer returns.
To schedule your appointment, call 954-597-3642 Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. The location is held at the Tamarac Community Center 8601 West Commercial Blvd Tamarac FL. You will need your social security card, W-2’s and identification. Couples filing together both need to be present.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.09.19Coral Springs Center for the Arts Launches Comedy and Music October and November
- News2019.09.18Tamarac City Commissioners Voted to Approve Office Furnishings in Amended Budget
- News2019.09.18Broward County Schools Holds ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2019.09.17Students Can Earn Service Hours at 34th Annual International Coastal Cleanup