By: Sharon Aron Baron
Clear your calendar because The Taste of Tamarac is back and it’s even bigger and better than before.
The event, held on Saturday, October 13, 2018 from 11.30 a.m. to 3 p.m. is presented by the Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce, and will bring more than 50 local restaurants and businesses together with more than 1,000 residents for an entertaining, interactive, fun Saturday.
This year, attendees can satisfy their sweet tooth with free food samples by Applebees Tamarac, Chow Time Grill & Buffet, Tijuana Flats, Tin Fish, Bagel Host Too, Publix Apron, Walmart, Rejoice Café, Pizza Hut, J.P Taravella Culinary Students, Tijuana Taxi, Saxsay Café, Popeyes, Blue Fish Sushi Thai, Arbys, Pan De Endz, Amazing Soursop, Silverspot at Coconut Creek, Jupiter Donuts, Matchbox, Carvel Ice Cream Sunrise, Los Verdes, University Hospital, Tessie Teas, Scuttos Pizza, Tamarac Café Diner, Tamarac farmers Market, Black Swan Café, Golden Krust, Metro Diner, Saxsay Café, Chef Ena Kitchen and Burger Fi.
There will be entertainment by Ed Horowitz, a children’s activity room with face-painting, games, and entertainment on the stage from South Florida Cloggers and Joy Deco Dancers.
Activities include a costume parade contest, freeze dance, limbo and line-dancing, feed the candy corn to the witch, Halloween bean-bag toss, Waste Management balloon relay, spider ring toss, cookie station, hopscotch and other games. Children are welcome to attend in costume and enjoy the activity room.
Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for 6-12 years and 6 and under are free. You can buy online www.tasteoftamarac.org or on the day of the event. Advance purchases will enter faster than lining up. Once inside you can enjoy free food samples and mix with local businesses wanting to meet you.
The event is sponsored by Broward Health Coral Springs, City of Tamarac, Applebee’s Tamarac, Chow Time Grill & Buffet, Bailey Memorial, Arrigo Sawgrass, Waste Management, City Furniture, 72 West Apartments, Melba Ballard State Farm and Walgreens.
The Tamarac Community Center 8601 W Commercial Blvd Tamarac 33351.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Grace and Kona Need Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County
- NewsSeptember 14, 2023Broward Gym-goers Go From From Cardio to Car-Theft
- NewsSeptember 13, 2023Furry Friends Buttons and Ginger Bear Need Forever Homes
- NewsSeptember 13, 2023Pedestrian Fatally Struck by Vehicle in Tamarac