By: Sharon Aron Baron
It may be Friday the 13th, but you’ll have the “luck of the Irish” when you attend the first St. Patrick’s celebration dance for middle and high school students with developmental disabilities.
The event for ages 13 – 22 who are invited to wear their favorite Green or St Patrick’s Day costume to this free dance and social will be held from 7:00 p.m – 9:00 p.m and will include a deejay music, socializing, dancing, costume contest, and refreshments.
Broward County’s Special Populations Section plans, develops, a variety of year-round recreation and leisure programs, special events, and services to meet the interests and needs of children, teens, adults, and seniors with a variety of disabilities. A person that has a developmental disability usually manifests itself in the individual before they reach 22 years of age. This could be either mental retardation, or related conditions which include cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism, or other neurological conditions when such conditions result in impairment of general intellectual functioning or adaptive behavior similar to that of a person with mental retardation.
If you know someone who would like to attend the dance, reservations are required, or for additional information, contact the Special Populations Section at 954-357-8170 or SpecialPopulations@Broward.org for more information. Please include the participant’s name, date of birth, the number of chaperones who will be attending as well as the contact phone number and email address.
The Tamarac Community Center is located at 8601 W Commercial Blvd, Tamarac, FL 33351.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 10, 2023Meet 2 Delightful Companions Awaiting Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity