A pricey unattended cell phone proves to be too much temptation for a shopper turned thief.
It happens to all of us at some point, we leave our phones at a restaurant, a doctor’s office or a grocery store. It happened to 34 year old Mischma Louissaint from Pompano Beach, on June 17th, she left her new iPhone at the customer service desk of a Publix in North Lauderdale near Tamarac. Only minutes later, an opportunistic thief does a double take as she spots the tempting cell phone.
The unidentified female, who appeared to be in her early 20’s, was captured on surveillance video making a purchase while accompanied by an unidentified male. As they made their way out of the store, the thief noticed the phone. After some initial second thoughts she ultimately found it too good to pass up and returned to grab the iPhone with a smile on her face.
Anyone with information is asked to contact BSO Detective Roger Jean at 954-722-5800 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Events2019.07.15Try Vegan Food at the Next Event in Tamarac
- News2019.07.10Humane Society Searching for Volunteers to Help the Animals in Their Care
- News2019.07.09Tamarac Businesses Gets Preference With City’s New Vendor Selection Process
- News2019.07.04Kenneth Behring, Founder, and Developer of the City of Tamarac, Dies