A pricey unattended cell phone proves to be too much temptation for a shopper turned thief.
It happens to all of us at some point, we leave our phones at a restaurant, a doctor’s office or a grocery store. It happened to 34 year old Mischma Louissaint from Pompano Beach, on June 17th, she left her new iPhone at the customer service desk of a Publix in North Lauderdale near Tamarac. Only minutes later, an opportunistic thief does a double take as she spots the tempting cell phone.
The unidentified female, who appeared to be in her early 20’s, was captured on surveillance video making a purchase while accompanied by an unidentified male. As they made their way out of the store, the thief noticed the phone. After some initial second thoughts she ultimately found it too good to pass up and returned to grab the iPhone with a smile on her face.
Anyone with information is asked to contact BSO Detective Roger Jean at 954-722-5800 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County