By: Sharon Aron Baron
The largest kids consignment event is just around the corner — and moms and dads searching for gently used children’s items don’t want to miss it.
Just Between Friends, a consignment event that takes place in locations all over the country will be holding their semiannual event in Coral Springs beginning Thursday, October 3.
The franchise is now owned by Lauren Maring, of Fort Lauderdale, who first became involved with JBF in Colorado where she lived for several years. After returning to South Florida, Maring heard that the former owners were selling the JBF Coral Springs/Boca franchise. After six years as a JBF team leader, and volunteer, she was ready for the challenge.
“It’s a big undertaking, and I cannot imagine starting it if you’ve never been in the business before,” she said.
Maring said that her involvement with JBF makes her feel grounded and part of the community, and also lets her children know that nothing is unreachable.
Taking place at the Coral Springs Gymnasium, Just Between Friends is a fun, convenient and well-organized event that is eagerly anticipated by thousands of South Florida area families. Consignors are local families, bringing their gently used and new items. Shoppers can expect to find things like baby equipment, outdoor playground toys, shoes and clothing (kids, teens, and maternity), books, games, DVDs, children’s furniture, and pretty much anything else that has to do with raising children — all at 50-90 percent off retail.
Maring said she will also have brand new Melissa and Doug items.
“The JBF owners have a great relationship with them, and we sell it for 20 percent off retail,” she said.
The setup is arduous, but thankfully, Maring will have her two daughters ages 14 and 11 to help her on Monday while school is out.
This fall their sponsor is We Rock for Autism, and it’s sister company, The Autism Shoppe will receive all the donations at the end of the show. They also donate to South Florida Moms of Multiples.
Here are the dates:
Thursday, October 3 from 9 a.m. – 8 p.m., $5 Entry –or show this Tamarac Talk article on your phone and get in free.
Friday, October 4, from 9 a.m. – 8 p.m., Free Entry
Saturday, October 5, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., 25 percent off, Free Entry
Saturday 5 p.m. – 9 p.m., 50 percent off presale, $3 Entry
Sunday, October 6, 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., 50 percent off sale. Free entry.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County