Tamarac residents braved the effects of Tropical Storm Isaac this weekend. Isaac’s bands skimmed past the west coast and made waves in South Florida with heavy winds and endless amounts of rain.
Tamarac Public Works crews worked tirelessly over the weekend draining the 10-20 inches of rain that quickly filled lakes and settled onto streets. By Tuesday evening, most areas were back to normal and streets were cleaned of debris.
The best part for kids was that schools were closed on Monday. Unfortunately, the same wasn’t true for parents, in what must have felt like the world’s longest weekend.
Isaac has now been upgraded to a Hurricane and is heading towards the Gulf Coast.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.05.25Register for Tamarac’s Memorial Day Ceremony Followed By Live Music May 30
- News2022.05.24Detectives Search for a Missing Tamarac Teen
- News2022.05.18Joey Lanouette Qualifies by Petition for the Tamarac City Commission District 2 Seat
- News2022.05.16Official 2022/23 Broward County Public Schools Color Calendar is Out