By: Matt Rothman
The Trojans finished the regular season 11-7-2 to record to earn the four seed as Monarch came in as the fifth seed. Monarch’s season ended 4-11.
Kaydine Celeste and Kenzi Korenic each had goals. Layla Johnson and Lili Merisier had assists, while Kayla Schloss made two saves in net.
“We played with a lot of heart and pride today,” said Head Coach Alex Palmaz. “I’m very proud of them. When we play like we did today, we’re tough to beat.”
Next, JPT is set to play Marjory Stoneman Douglas in the District Semifinals on Thursday, January 26, at 6 p.m. The Eagles s had a bye in the opening round as they went 10-1-3 this season to earn the top seed in the District.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Trojans Triumph in Season Opener After Baseball Team Dominates South Broward High
- NewsJanuary 26, 2024J.P. Taravella Sports Recap: District Championship, Senior Night & More
- NewsJanuary 16, 2024J.P. Taravella Varsity Teams Navigate Challenges and Triumphs in 2024 Season
- NewsJanuary 4, 2024Brandon Meyers Wins Broward County Bowler of the Year: Conference Awards Announced