By: Matt Rothman
Head Coach Alex Palmaz officially earned his first career playoff victory at J.P. Taravella following the team’s 2-1 win over Monarch High School.
The Trojans finished the regular season 11-7-2 to record to earn the four seed as Monarch came in as the fifth seed. Monarch’s season ended 4-11.
Kaydine Celeste and Kenzi Korenic each had goals. Layla Johnson and Lili Merisier had assists, while Kayla Schloss made two saves in net.
“We played with a lot of heart and pride today,” said Head Coach Alex Palmaz. “I’m very proud of them. When we play like we did today, we’re tough to beat.”
Next, JPT is set to play Marjory Stoneman Douglas in the District Semifinals on Thursday, January 26, at 6 p.m. The Eagles s had a bye in the opening round as they went 10-1-3 this season to earn the top seed in the District.
However, JPT snapped a seven-game losing streak against the Eagles in 2019. The winner plays the winner of the Coral Springs High School and Coral Glades Semifinals match.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.239 J.P. Taravella Track and Field Athletes Reach Podium at States
- News2023.05.16J.P. Taravella Baseball and Track and Field Make Runs in Regionals
- News2023.05.16J.P. Taravella Soccer Star Zachary Zub Makes College Pick
- News2023.04.263 J.P. Taravella Teams Recognize Their Seniors; Lacrosse and Flag Football Finish Season