Surveillance video courtesy Fred Kahook
By Sharon Aron Baron
A female who jaywalked across a busy Tamarac street survives with no apparent injuries after being hit outside of a Tamarac convenience store.
On Tuesday in front of Tubby’s Drive-Thru at 6980 W McNab Rd., Owner Fred Kahook said he was chatting with the female before she left on foot to head home. Although there is a light-protected crosswalk, she chose not to wait for the signal.
As she slowly crosses the street, she stops while several cars drive past her. She then loses one of her flip-flops, and when she looks down to retrieve it, she is struck and flips over the vehicle.
Kahook called 911, and the driver stopped to offer aid. However, according to Kahook, the female got right up, said she was okay, refusing any help.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.23Joseph Britner Joins University Hospital and Medical Center as New Chief Operating Officer
- News2021.09.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Welcomes 2 New Businesses to Town
- News2021.09.21Tamarac Resident Warns Neighbors After Coyote Sighting
- News2021.09.20Reserve Your Space at Tamarac’s City-Wide Garage Sale