By: Chris Brunner
The Animal Care and Adoption Division will host a neighborhood Rabies Clinic on Saturday, February 18th, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m, at Delevoe Park in Fort Lauderdale.
Pet owners will be able to have their dog or cat vaccinated against rabies and receive a Broward County Rabies Registration License tag.
Cost for a one-year rabies vaccination and the Rabies Registration License tag will be:
- $25 for dogs and cats that are spayed/neutered (sterilized)
- $35 for pets that are not spayed/neutered (not sterilized)
- Dog and cat ID microchips, with free registration, will also be available for $15. Microchips can be scanned by a veterinarian or animal shelter if your pet gets lost so they can be returned to you.
Debit/credit cards will be the only forms of payment accepted. Cards include Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
This program is for Broward County residents only. All dogs must be on leashes and all cats in carriers.
Remember, there is a $300 fine for failing to vaccinate your pet against rabies. You can also receive a $300 fine if your pet is vaccinated, but does not have a current Broward County registration tag.
Delevoe Park is located at 2520 NW 6th Street in For Lauderdale. Map it.
- News2021.04.13Can you Name that Dalmatian? 1 Lucky Tamarac Student Will Win
- News2021.04.09Tamarac Commission Set to Discuss Sale of City-Owned Property
- News2021.04.09Woman Arrested After Keying Victim’s Vehicle After He Refused Relationship With Her
- News2021.04.06Tamarac Commissioner Marlon Bolton Arrested On Felony Grand Theft Charges In 2010