By: Sharon Aron Baron
Detectives are searching for a man who stole almost $2,000 worth of power tools by making his escape through the garden center of a Home Depot.
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are releasing surveillance video in the hopes of identifying the suspect from a North Lauderdale Home Depot located at 1195 S. State Road 7.
The theft occurred shortly before 3 p.m. on July 11, 2019. The suspect is seen walking into the store pushing an empty shopping cart. After loading the cart, he passes all points of sale and casually slips out through the garden center exit.
A loss prevention officer tries to stop him, but the crook escapes with a paint gun, two leaf blowers, a trimmer, and batteries.
The suspect was wearing a multi-shade red and black striped short-sleeved shirt with beige shorts and red sneakers. He’s believed to be approximately 35 years old, between 5 feet 9 inches to 6 feet tall and weighing between 180 and 220 pounds. He was seen leaving the parking lot in a light-colored beige, four-door older model vehicle, possibly a Mercury.
Anyone with information is asked to contact BSO North Lauderdale Detective Justin Panza at (954) 720-2250 ext. 218 or call Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers tips that lead to an arrest are eligible for a reward of up to $3,000.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family