By: Sharon Aron Baron
A father of two is in custody, facing charges of first degree murder after fatally shooting his children’s stepfather early Monday morning in Tamarac.
The shooting took place around 5:40 a.m. outside the couple’s home at the 6000 block of N.W. 69th Court inside of the Brookside Cove community.
According to Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives, Ryan Inmon, 30, of Pompano Beach has had previous incidents with the mother of his kids. On Monday morning, Inmon showed up at his ex-wife’s home and shot her husband, Tavaris Phillips, 28, of Tamarac before fleeing the scene. Phillips was pronounced dead at the scene.
About two hours later, Inmon was located in the 800 block of Southwest Eigth Avenue in Pompano Beach and was taken into custody without incident.
BSO crime scene and homicide detectives are investigating.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Events2019.09.13Sell Your Stuff at the Semi-Annual J.P. Taravella Community Garage Sale
- Crime & Safety2019.09.11In Wake of Parkland Shooting: BSO Providing Bleed Control Kits to Broward Schools
- Events2019.09.11Humane Society Holds Pet Playdate Camp September 30
- Crime & Safety2019.09.10Sheriff Tony Appoints New Undersheriff