By: Sharon Aron Baron
A 64-year-old man died after his van struck a tree in Tamarac.
On October 31, Andre Jules Theophile of Pompano Beach was driving a white Chevrolet work van eastbound on Southgate Boulevard around 10:37 p.m., when according to witnesses, as he approached the 6900 block, he drifted off the roadway and struck a large tree in the median.
Tamarac Fire Rescue pronounced him dead at the scene.
A preliminary investigation revealed speed was not a factor, no other vehicles were involved, and there is no evidence of pre-impact braking at the scene.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.12.12Official 2020/21 Broward County Public Schools Calendar
- News2019.12.11Marlon Bolton Appointed Vice Mayor at Tamarac Commission Meeting
- News2019.12.11Sheriff Tony Terminates Deputy for Using Excessive Force on Tamarac Teen
- News2019.12.10Free Living Interactive Recreation of Bethlehem is Back in Coral Springs