By: Sharon Aron Baron
A 64-year-old man died after his van struck a tree in Tamarac.
On October 31, Andre Jules Theophile of Pompano Beach was driving a white Chevrolet work van eastbound on Southgate Boulevard around 10:37 p.m., when according to witnesses, as he approached the 6900 block, he drifted off the roadway and struck a large tree in the median.
Tamarac Fire Rescue pronounced him dead at the scene.
A preliminary investigation revealed speed was not a factor, no other vehicles were involved, and there is no evidence of pre-impact braking at the scene.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.14Broward County Schools Participates in ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2021.09.09Local Filmmaker Holds Screening of ‘I Wanna Be A Criminal’ in Tamarac
- News2021.09.07Broward County Public Schools Hiring Bus Drivers for 2021-22 School Year
- News2021.09.01Reserve Your Space at the Next City-Wide Garage Sale