By Kevin Deutsch
A Coral Springs man was killed when he lost control of his motorcycle in Tamarac, authorities said Monday.
Chad Edward Muto, 32, of 9863 Riverside Drive, was riding a 2020 Yongfu YN150 in the 8300 block of North University Drive just before 11:30 a.m. on Oct. 6 when a witness saw him lose control, according to the Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide Unit.
The vehicle struck the right curb, and Muto was ejected, according to BSO. The motorcycle continued northbound until it came to rest on its side.
Tamarac Fire Rescue responded and pronounced Muto dead at the scene.
According to investigators, physical evidence indicates no other vehicles were involved in the crash, and speeding is not considered a contributing factor.
The investigation is ongoing, according to BSO.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.12.05Tamarac Crime Update: Stalker Called Woman 50 Times, Sent 500 Messages
- News2022.12.01Tamarac Man Pleads Guilty to Assaulting Officer During Jan. 6 Attack on Capitol
- News2022.11.30Traffic Homicide Detectives Probe Tamarac Crash that Killed Child
- News2022.11.27Tamarac Crime Update: USPS Mail Carrier Robbed at Gunpoint