By: Sharon Aron Baron
A thief with no heart stole an expensive electronic device from a a distracted little boy from a Tamarac McDonalds early this month and Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are asking for the public’s help to help identify him.
On November 6, Malachi Howard, 7, and his aunt, Kimberly Howard, were visiting the McDonald’s at 7600 N.W. 57 St. in Tamarac for breakfast. The restaurant’s security video captured Malachi when he placed his iPad on one of the tables near the playground and walked away.
A white male with a heavy frame can also be seen in the footage. He gets up from his table and grabs the device while the boy is distracted in another part of the restaurant. The thief leaves the restaurant with the iPad and quickly walks east towards University Drive and never returns.
The iPad is valued at $350.00 and although their iPhone had the locate feature, it was not enabled at the time.
The subject is described as a tall, heavy-set, adult white male, possibly in his 50s, with short hair. He wore a dark T-shirt and blue jeans.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Jeremy Grant (954) 720-2225 or report anonymous tips to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.01.23Tamarac Woman Dies After Single-Vehicle Accident in Coral Springs
- News2020.01.23Broward County Offering Express Service from BB&T Center to Miami International Airport
- News2020.01.21J.P. Taravella Drama Holding Semi-Annual Garage Sale
- News2020.01.21Try Vegan Food at the Next EarthSave Event in Tamarac January 31