By: Sharon Aron Baron
A thief with no heart stole an expensive electronic device from a a distracted little boy from a Tamarac McDonalds early this month and Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are asking for the public’s help to help identify him.
On November 6, Malachi Howard, 7, and his aunt, Kimberly Howard, were visiting the McDonald’s at 7600 N.W. 57 St. in Tamarac for breakfast. The restaurant’s security video captured Malachi when he placed his iPad on one of the tables near the playground and walked away.
A white male with a heavy frame can also be seen in the footage. He gets up from his table and grabs the device while the boy is distracted in another part of the restaurant. The thief leaves the restaurant with the iPad and quickly walks east towards University Drive and never returns.
The iPad is valued at $350.00 and although their iPhone had the locate feature, it was not enabled at the time.
The subject is described as a tall, heavy-set, adult white male, possibly in his 50s, with short hair. He wore a dark T-shirt and blue jeans.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Jeremy Grant (954) 720-2225 or report anonymous tips to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024J.P. Taravella Drama Club Hosts Community Yard Sale and Craft Show on February 24
- NewsFebruary 16, 2024Detectives Search for Tamarac Man Missing Since Early January
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024“You’re a Fraud”: Tamarac Commissioner Blasts Website Tied to Marlon Bolton
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Free Boot Camp Held to Boost Students’ Federal Aid Applications