By: Sharon Aron Baron
A motorcyclist crashed into a guardrail in Tamarac and died in the early hours of New Year’s Day.
Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide Investigation Unit detectives are investigating the fatality which happened around 3:15 a.m. Jan. 1, when a Yamaha YZF-R1 motorcycle crashed heading west on West McNab Road when approaching the T-intersection of Captiva Drive near Sunset Point Park.
According to detectives, the driver braked hard when he realized the road was ending just before he crashed into the steel guardrail on the west side of the intersection. The driver was thrown off the 2008 bike. Tamarac Fire Rescue responded to the scene and pronounced the driver dead. His name is temporarily being withheld until next-of-kin can be notified.
At this time, detectives, suspect that excessive speed and impairment may have contributed to the crash.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2020.12.03Home-Based Businesses Now Eligible to Apply for CARES Act
- News2020.11.2910 Auto Burglaries Reported in Tamarac in this Week’s Crime Update
- News2020.11.28Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste December 5
- News2020.11.28Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science