By: Sharon Aron Baron
City Manager Michael Cernech announced at the commission workshop the appointment of new Tamarac BSO Chief Neal Glassman.
Lt. Glassman currently serves as the Executive Officer in the Deerfield Beach District and has over 27 years of law enforcement experience, in which eleven of those were in a supervisory capacity. Glassman also holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Criminal Justice from Long Island University. His career in Law enforcement began in 1985 with the New York City Housing Police. In 1989, He joined the Broward Sheriff’s Office and served as a Deputy Sheriff/Road Patrol; a Detective in Criminal Investigations, Robbery and Homicide Units; Sergeant in Criminal Investigations, Robbery and Homicide Units.
Glassman also was in the U.S. Naval Reserve for six years as a Cryptologic Technician where he received an Honorable Discharge in 1986.
Neal Glassman was chosen for his strong leadership skills in a variety of environments, from New York to Broward County. As Executive Officer in Deerfield Beach, he has implemented a number of innovative programs to better serve the community. We look forward to the fresh perspective and ideas he’ll bring to Tamarac as a member of the City’s Executive Team.” – City Manager Michael Cernech
Glassman will be replacing former Chief Mark Dugay who was given the choice of resigning or termination under incoming Sheriff Scott Israel.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.05.25Register for Tamarac’s Memorial Day Ceremony Followed By Live Music May 30
- News2022.05.24Detectives Search for a Missing Tamarac Teen
- News2022.05.18Joey Lanouette Qualifies by Petition for the Tamarac City Commission District 2 Seat
- News2022.05.16Official 2022/23 Broward County Public Schools Color Calendar is Out