By: Sharon Aron Baron
Proceeds raised from the annual Parks and Recreation Foundation of Tamarac P.A.R.O.T. Golf Tournament provide many benefits to our community and our citizens. However, this year there are concerns that attendance may be down.
“Last year, the money raised provided $5,000 in program scholarships for summer camps, youth athletics. and the board was able to purchase benches for Veterans Park,” said Parks and Recreation Director Greg Warner. “Also, $6,500 went towards sensory equipment that was recently installed at two city parks.”
Last year, Warner said the turnout was good, with close to 100 golfers, but since the Director of Special Events has left Colony West, he’s concerned that it may be down this year.
Less golfers mean less funds for the foundation, and in turn, less funding for all those programs.
The P.A.R.O.T Foundation invites anyone to participate as a sponsor, golfer or as contributing partner. They are also requesting donations to use for their raffle and silent auction such as a gift certificates, golf foursomes, hotel weekends, gift baskets, entertainment tickets, and merchandise.
The event will be held on Friday, May 9, 2014. Registration will be at 7:30 am and there will be a shotgun start at 8:30 am. In case of rain, a rain date has been set for May 16.
About the Event:
- Scramble Format
- Cash Prizes will be awarded for winning teams; prizes will also be awarded for men’s and women’s longest drive and closest to the pin
- Raffle prizes, putting contest, & much more
- Cost: $125/player
- Tournament registration fee includes Goodie Bag, Golf Shirt and Lunch
- Sponsorship opportunities start at $150 for Tee & Green Hole Sponsors
- ALL proceeds raised benefit the Foundation
If you’d like to donate to the Foundation. Please make checks payable to: Parks & Recreation Foundation of Tamarac and mail to: 6001 Nob Hill Road Tamarac, FL 33321 Attention: Linda Probert
The P.A.R.O.T. Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization; committed to enhancing Tamarac Parks and Recreation facilities and programs through partnerships and fundraising.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2020.11.25Tamarac History: Former U.S. Congressman Once Made his Home in the Woodlands Country Club
- News2020.11.25Man Posing as Roofing Contractor Arrested After Scamming Tamarac Resident
- News2020.11.23City of Tamarac Continues with Residential Assistance Program
- News2020.11.19Tamarac Crime Update and Arrests Through November 16