By: Sharon Aron Baron
A man was pronounced dead on October 1 after being hit by a car carrier trailer in Tamarac.
At approximately 7:15 p.m., Alain Santana Gonzalez of West Palm Beach was traveling southbound on State Road 7 approaching Commercial Boulevard driving a car carrier. When he arrived at the intersection, he stopped at a red light in the designated right turn lane, waiting for traffic to clear before making a right turn onto Commercial Boulevard.
Paul Herta, 60, of Pompano Beach was on the sidewalk along the northwest corner of the intersection and began to cross State Road 7 heading east in front of the car carrier. As Gonzalez began to make the right turn, the front bumper of the vehicle pushed the pedestrian onto the ground, and he became lodged underneath the undercarriage.
Unaware he struck the pedestrian, Gonzalez made the turn and continued westbound until he was alerted by a witness.
Tamarac Fire Rescue pronounced Herta dead at the scene.
Gonzalez remained on scene and cooperated with BSO detectives. The traffic homicide investigation is ongoing.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.01.18Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Food Distribution on Tuesday
- News2021.01.18Tamarac Crime and Arrest Update Through January 11
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments
- News2021.01.12Man Faces Murder Charges After Setting Girlfriend on Fire