By: Sharon Aron Baron
A man was pronounced dead on October 1 after being hit by a car carrier trailer in Tamarac.
At approximately 7:15 p.m., Alain Santana Gonzalez of West Palm Beach was traveling southbound on State Road 7 approaching Commercial Boulevard driving a car carrier. When he arrived at the intersection, he stopped at a red light in the designated right turn lane, waiting for traffic to clear before making a right turn onto Commercial Boulevard.
Paul Herta, 60, of Pompano Beach was on the sidewalk along the northwest corner of the intersection and began to cross State Road 7 heading east in front of the car carrier. As Gonzalez began to make the right turn, the front bumper of the vehicle pushed the pedestrian onto the ground, and he became lodged underneath the undercarriage.
Unaware he struck the pedestrian, Gonzalez made the turn and continued westbound until he was alerted by a witness.
Tamarac Fire Rescue pronounced Herta dead at the scene.
Gonzalez remained on scene and cooperated with BSO detectives. The traffic homicide investigation is ongoing.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.11.17Broward County Public Schools Choice Application Window Opens December 2
- News2019.11.12Reserve Your Space for a Delicious Vegan “ThanksLiving” Dinner in Tamarac
- News2019.11.10Register Now to be Part of Tamarac University’s Class of 2020
- News2019.11.05City of Tamarac Holds Veterans Day Event November 11