By: Sharon Aron Baron
A man was pronounced dead on October 1 after being hit by a car carrier trailer in Tamarac.
At approximately 7:15 p.m., Alain Santana Gonzalez of West Palm Beach was traveling southbound on State Road 7 approaching Commercial Boulevard driving a car carrier. When he arrived at the intersection, he stopped at a red light in the designated right turn lane, waiting for traffic to clear before making a right turn onto Commercial Boulevard.
Paul Herta, 60, of Pompano Beach was on the sidewalk along the northwest corner of the intersection and began to cross State Road 7 heading east in front of the car carrier. As Gonzalez began to make the right turn, the front bumper of the vehicle pushed the pedestrian onto the ground, and he became lodged underneath the undercarriage.
Unaware he struck the pedestrian, Gonzalez made the turn and continued westbound until he was alerted by a witness.
Tamarac Fire Rescue pronounced Herta dead at the scene.
Gonzalez remained on scene and cooperated with BSO detectives. The traffic homicide investigation is ongoing.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024J.P. Taravella Drama Club Hosts Community Yard Sale and Craft Show on February 24
- NewsFebruary 16, 2024Detectives Search for Tamarac Man Missing Since Early January
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024“You’re a Fraud”: Tamarac Commissioner Blasts Website Tied to Marlon Bolton
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Free Boot Camp Held to Boost Students’ Federal Aid Applications