By Sharon Aron Baron
A pedestrian hit by a vehicle while crossing University Drive died from his injuries eight days later.
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives are investigating his death which happened at approximately 3:13 p.m. on March 21.
The crash took place a the 7200 block on North University Drive in Tamarac, where the driver of a 2019 gray Toyota C-HR 4-door SUV was traveling southbound on North University Drive in the left inside thru lane. At the same time, Timothy Ingram, 52, was crossing the roadway eastbound on foot at the mid-block of North University Drive.
According to investigators, Ingram was crossing the street in an area not designated for crossing when he was struck by the vehicle. The impact of the crash caused the pedestrian to come to a final rest in the center median.
The Toyota’s driver informed detectives that the vehicle in front of his vehicle swerved abruptly into the middle lane. It was at that time he noticed a pedestrian crossing the roadway.
Tamarac Fire Rescue transported Ingram to University Hospital, and he was then airlifted to the trauma unit at Broward Health North.
On Monday, March 29, Ingram was pronounced deceased at 7:30 p.m.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.06.17Broward County Public Schools Offer 39 Covid Vaccination Sites for Students 12 and Older
- News2021.06.12University Hospital begins using 3rd Robotic System for Minimally Invasive Surgery
- News2021.06.12Renaissance Charter School in Tamarac Completes Recycle Challenge
- News2021.06.10Tamarac Needs You To Run For Office in 2022