By: Sharon Aron Baron
A pellet gun was discovered after a suspicious person was reportedly on campus at Millennium Middle School, placing the school on lockdown.
At 9:35 a.m. Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to the call at the school located at 5803 NW 94th Ave in Tamarac. Reportedly, a suspicious person was on campus and was possibly armed. According to BSO, deputies immediately set up a perimeter and secured the middle school and Challenger Elementary School. Both schools were placed on lockdown. BSO’s canine, aviation and Violent Crimes units also responded.
Around 1:50 p.m., Millennium Middle School was cleared after an airsoft gun and magazine were found on the school’s ground. Airsoft is a competitive team sport where participants eliminate opponents by shooting each other with spherical plastic pellets launched via replica weapons called airsoft guns.
The investigation by violent crimes detectives continues.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.04.19Volunteers Needed at Free Food Distribution at Chabad of Coral Springs
- News2021.04.18Reported Altercation in Tamarac Leaves 1 Dead
- News2021.04.17Woman Scammed out of $200K on Dating Site in Tamarac Crime Updates
- News2021.04.16President, Governor, Directs Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of Indianapolis Victims on April 20