By: Sharon Aron Baron
A pellet gun was discovered after a suspicious person was reportedly on campus at Millennium Middle School, placing the school on lockdown.
At 9:35 a.m. Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to the call at the school located at 5803 NW 94th Ave in Tamarac. Reportedly, a suspicious person was on campus and was possibly armed. According to BSO, deputies immediately set up a perimeter and secured the middle school and Challenger Elementary School. Both schools were placed on lockdown. BSO’s canine, aviation and Violent Crimes units also responded.
Around 1:50 p.m., Millennium Middle School was cleared after an airsoft gun and magazine were found on the school’s ground. Airsoft is a competitive team sport where participants eliminate opponents by shooting each other with spherical plastic pellets launched via replica weapons called airsoft guns.
The investigation by violent crimes detectives continues.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.11.19Broward County School Board Appoints New Chair; Vice Chair
- News2019.11.17Broward County Public Schools Choice Application Window Opens December 2
- News2019.11.12Reserve Your Space for a Delicious Vegan “ThanksLiving” Dinner in Tamarac
- News2019.11.10Register Now to be Part of Tamarac University’s Class of 2020