By: Sharon Aron Baron
The organizers of the recall effort have requested that Circuit Judge Peter Weinstein set a date to be held to remove Tamarac Commissioner Patte Atkins-Grad.
If Atkins-Grad does not resign in five days from August 21, 2013, Florida Statutes mandates that Judge Weinstein set a day for a recall election for her removal. This would be no less than 30 days and not more than 60 days from the five-day time period starting on Wednesday.
The City Clerk announced yesterday that the volunteers were successful in obtaining enough signatures during two rounds of the recall process. During the final round in which 15 percent of the district’s signatures were needed, they achieved 2,296 signatures, 421 more than the 1,875 required.
If Atkins-Grad does not resign, Circuit Judge Peter Weinstein will set a date for the election where Tamarac residents in District Two will vote either yes or no to recall her.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.19Register Now for the Annual Tamarac Chamber Bowling 4 Business Event
- News2021.09.14Broward County Schools Participates in ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2021.09.09Local Filmmaker Holds Screening of ‘I Wanna Be A Criminal’ in Tamarac
- News2021.09.07Broward County Public Schools Hiring Bus Drivers for 2021-22 School Year