By: Sharon Aron Baron
The organizers of the recall effort have requested that Circuit Judge Peter Weinstein set a date to be held to remove Tamarac Commissioner Patte Atkins-Grad.
If Atkins-Grad does not resign in five days from August 21, 2013, Florida Statutes mandates that Judge Weinstein set a day for a recall election for her removal. This would be no less than 30 days and not more than 60 days from the five-day time period starting on Wednesday.
The City Clerk announced yesterday that the volunteers were successful in obtaining enough signatures during two rounds of the recall process. During the final round in which 15 percent of the district’s signatures were needed, they achieved 2,296 signatures, 421 more than the 1,875 required.
If Atkins-Grad does not resign, Circuit Judge Peter Weinstein will set a date for the election where Tamarac residents in District Two will vote either yes or no to recall her.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.06.08Celebrating Excellence: Meet Our Local Valedictorians and Salutatorians for 2023
- News2023.05.31Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Holds Shabbat Services in Spanish, Hebrew and English
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County