By: Sharon Aron Baron
The organizers of the recall effort have requested that Circuit Judge Peter Weinstein set a date to be held for the removal of Tamarac Commissioner Patte Atkins-Grad.
If Atkins-Grad does not resign in five days from August 21, 2013, Florida Statues mandates that Judge Weinstein set a day for a recall election for her removal. This would be no less than 30 days and not more than 60 days from the five day time period starting on Wednesday.
The City Clerk announced yesterday that the volunteers were successful in their efforts and obtaining enough signatures during two rounds of the recall process. During the final round in which 15 percent of the district’s signatures were needed, they achieved 2,296 signatures, which were 421 more than the 1,875 required.
If Atkins-Grad does not resign, Circuit Judge Peter Weinstein will set the date for the election where Tamarac residents in District Two will vote either yes or no to recall her.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.02.27Tamarac Holds Annual Bike Event to Learn Safety on the Streets
- News2020.02.271 Victim Dead After Car Found Submerged in Tamarac Canal
- News2020.02.27Register Now for the Next City-Wide Garage Sale in Tamarac
- News2020.02.23Gov. DeSantis Announces $8 million Incentive to Help Veterans Buy Homes