By: Chris Brunner
Make more space inside your garage because this weekend you will safely be able to get rid of any type of household hazardous materials that you’ve been meaning to dispose of, but haven’t had the chance to.
The cities of Tamarac along with Coral Springs, Coconut Creek, Fort Lauderdale, Oakland Park, and Pompano Beach have established a cooperative agreement that will allow residents several opportunities to dispose of the full range of these materials at special one-day events throughout the year.
On Saturday, February 7, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m residents may drop off the following items at 4181 NW 121 Avenue in Coral Springs:
Compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs)
Nail polish & remover
Tires (limit 4)
You may drop off the following: Answering machines, computer cables, cell phones, computers (including laptops), copiers, DVD and VCR players, fax machines, flash and hard drives, keyboards/mice, monitors, pagers, print cartridges, printers, radios, routers, satellite/cable boxes, scanners, speakers/stereos, telephones, televisions, wires
The following are not accepted: Business- and government-generated waste, explosives, biohazardous waste, microwaves, appliances.
Remember, residents are not allowed to drop off items at Broward County’s Hazardous Waste Disposal.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.05.13Fallen Soldiers Honored at Tamarac’s Memorial Day Ceremony
- News2021.05.12Commission Votes Against $50,000 Leaked Memo Investigation, Hires New City Attorney
- News2021.05.11Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Tamarac, Sunrise, and Coral Springs
- News2021.05.11Bolton Blames Mayor, City Manager, After His Spending Items Are Leaked to Press