By: Chris Brunner
Make more space inside your garage because this weekend you will safely be able to get rid of any type of household hazardous materials that you’ve been meaning to dispose of, but haven’t had the chance to.
The cities of Tamarac along with Coral Springs, Coconut Creek, Fort Lauderdale, Oakland Park, and Pompano Beach have established a cooperative agreement that will allow residents several opportunities to dispose of the full range of these materials at special one-day events throughout the year.
On Saturday, February 7, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m residents may drop off the following items at 4181 NW 121 Avenue in Coral Springs:
Compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs)
Nail polish & remover
Tires (limit 4)
You may drop off the following: Answering machines, computer cables, cell phones, computers (including laptops), copiers, DVD and VCR players, fax machines, flash and hard drives, keyboards/mice, monitors, pagers, print cartridges, printers, radios, routers, satellite/cable boxes, scanners, speakers/stereos, telephones, televisions, wires
The following are not accepted: Business- and government-generated waste, explosives, biohazardous waste, microwaves, appliances.
Remember, residents are not allowed to drop off items at Broward County’s Hazardous Waste Disposal.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.05.31Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Holds Shabbat Services in Spanish, Hebrew and English
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County
- News2023.05.24Meet Gretel and Sissy, 2 Sweethearts Searching for Forever Homes