In honor of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty, the Broward Sheriff’s Office Police Athletic League will hold its sixth annual Fallen Officers Memorial Martial Arts Tournament on Saturday.
Deputy Larry Klarman of BSO’s School Resource Deputy unit organized the tournament. The entrance fee for competitors is $20. Raffle tickets will be available for purchase. All money collected will be donated to the Police Athletic League and will benefit the children of fallen officers.
Competitors of all ages will be judged on weapons, forms, self-defense, sparring, kendo and ju-jitsu. Registration begins at 8 a.m. Contact Deputy Klarman for more information at (954) 914-3982 or email email@example.com.
This event is free and open to the public from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m on Saturday, May 4, at Millennium Middle School 5803 N.W. 94th Ave in Tamarac Florida.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.01.14Register for the 4th Annual Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber’s Business Expo
- News2020.01.13Rock N’ Ride Car Show and Concert Returns to Tamarac
- Events2020.01.10Spaces are Available J.P. Taravella’s Semi-Annual Garage Sale
- News2020.01.09Graduation Rates Rise to All Time High at Broward County Public Schools