By Kevin Deutsch
Two families were displaced by a Tamarac apartment building fire that severely damaged two units and injured one firefighter, authorities said.
The blaze was reported at 1:52 p.m. Saturday in the Lakeview Flats Apartments at 8931 NW 78th Place. Firefighters from Tamarac and North Lauderdale responded to find smoke and flames at the property.
They used water to knock down the blaze, and had it fully extinguished by 2:30 p.m., said Van Schoen, Public Information Officer for Tamarac Fire Rescue.
Authorities determined that two apartment units were too heavily damaged for the families who lived there to return, Schoen said.
They were offered emergency assistance from the American Red Cross but could make other arrangements, he said.
No residents were hurt in the blaze.
Schoen said a North Lauderdale firefighter, who was not feeling well at the scene, was taken to Cleveland Clinic.
“He has since been released and is doing well.”
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.12.26Tamarac Crime Update: Carjacking and Drug Overdose
- News2022.12.18Tamarac Man Had Sex With Child, Solicited Explicit Photos
- News2022.12.18Tamarac Crime Update: Burglar Uses Rock to Smash Store Window, Steal Merchandise
- News2022.12.10Tamarac Crime Update: Four Vehicles Stripped of Tires, Rims