On Tuesday, a Tamarac Charter School closed it’s doors leaving parents to scramble for other options for their children.
The governing board of Touchdowns4life Charter School voted to voluntarily terminate its charter contract with The School Board of Broward County, Florida.
In a letter addressed by Broward Schools spokesperson Deborah Sparbeck, Eagle Charter Academy and SMART Charter school would be closing their doors today due to low enrollment. The governing boards of both Eagle Charter Academy and SMART Charter School informed the District that they had voluntarily terminated their charter contracts that they have with The School Board of Broward County.
Touchdowns4life, a Charter middle school was open for eight years. Founded by former Miami Dolphins running back Terry Kirby, they were facing eviction from the strip mall they occupied on West McNab Road in Tamarac just days before the start of the school year.
Sparbeck said that Broward County Schools welcome the students of Eagle Charter Academy, SMART Charter School and Touchdowns4life Charter School to attend their District “home” school.
Parents and students can identify their District “home” school by clicking on the District’s School Locator: http://locator.browardschools.com/edulog/school-locator.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.07.22Register Now for the Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Twin Cup Golf Tournament
- News2021.07.10Tamarac Commission Remains Undecided on Millage Rate after 6 Hour Budget Meeting
- News2021.07.09Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Hosts Twin Cup Golf Tournament
- News2021.06.30Public Meetings Held for Atlantic Blvd Interchange Improvements at the Sawgrass Expressway