By Kevin Deutsch
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates with residents, this is a summary of Tamarac crime and arrests through July 4, 2022.
Attempted Armed Robbery
NW 61st St.
A female was the victim of an Attempted Armed Robbery on 06/28/2022. The suspect pulled a pocket knife on the victim and demanded her purse. As the victim started to hand the suspect the purse, a neighbor came outside, causing the suspect to flee without the purse.
Royal Palm Cir.
A person was the victim of a Burglary Residence on 06/28/2022. There were 12 metal shutters taken from the backside of a residence. Tot. Est. Loss: $10,000.
NW 96th Ter.
On 06/30/2022, cash was stolen from an apartment that was burglarized. Tot. Est. Loss: $1,600.
A hotel was the victim of Criminal Mischief on 06/29/2022. A hotel room had many contents such as a television, desk, bed, mirror, and wall destroyed by unknown guests.
NW 57th St.
A report of Fraud – Worthless Check was made on 06/29/2022. Two suspects used fraudulent checks to withdraw funds from a Check Cashing Store in Tamarac. A similar incident occurred in a Check Cashing Store in Sunrise. The bank of the owner of the checks stopped funds from being withdrawn from the account, but the Check Cashing Stores are at a financial loss from the money withdrawn from them.
NW 77th St.
On 06/28/2022, the victim gave the offender a $10,000 deposit to install a patio enclosure in his backyard. The offender never started the work and has not given the victim his money back. Tot. Est. Loss: $10,000.
NW 62nd St.
A person was the victim of Theft – Motor Vehicle Parts on 07/01/2022. Unknown suspect(s) stole a catalytic converter from a male victim’s 2019 Toyota Tacoma.
Merritt, Jarvis Antwain, 33, was arrested on charges of Larc-grand Theft Of Firearm on Nw 31st Ave on 07/03/2022.
Got News in Tamarac, Lauderhill, or North Lauderdale? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.08.10Man Charged With Murder in Deadly Tamarac Stabbing
- News2022.08.10SNAP Food Assistance for South Florida Seniors is Just a Phone Call Away
- News2022.08.091 Suspect in Custody After Fatal Stabbing in Tamarac
- News2022.08.09Calling Future Firefighters: Tamarac Fire Rescue Seeks Cadets For Developmental Program