By: Sharon Aron Baron
Don’t miss the free big screen Movie in the Park featuring “Captain Underpants” on Friday, March 1, presented by the City of Tamarac.
Released in 2017, this superhero comedy film based on Dav Pilkey‘s children’s novel series of the same name was produced by DreamWorks Animation and distributed by 20th Century Fox. It stars the voices of Kevin Hart, Ed Helms, Nick Kroll, Thomas Middleditch, Jordan Peele and Kristen Schaal.
The plot follows two imaginative elementary school pranksters named George Beard and Harold Hutchins (voiced by Kevin Hart and Thomas Middleditch) who hypnotize their mean-spirited principal, Mr. Krupp (voiced by Ed Helms), into thinking he is Captain Underpants, a superhero who fights crime while wearing only underwear and a cape.
The activities start at 6:30 p.m. with face painting, bounce house, music, and food from participating food trucks. Plus, a free bag of popcorn. Don’t forget your blankets and lawn chairs because the movie begins at 8:30 p.m.
The event will be held at the Tamarac Sports Complex, located at 9901 NW 77 Street.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Events2019.07.15Try Vegan Food at the Next Event in Tamarac
- News2019.07.10Humane Society Searching for Volunteers to Help the Animals in Their Care
- News2019.07.09Tamarac Businesses Gets Preference With City’s New Vendor Selection Process
- News2019.07.04Kenneth Behring, Founder, and Developer of the City of Tamarac, Dies