By Ryan Yousefi
A man was arrested and charged with robbery and trespassing charges after police identified him as the suspect in a robbery of a man outside a Tamarac Publix ATM.
On March 27, Travis Richard Liburd, a 26-year-old homeless man, was arrested by Broward County Sheriff’s deputies in connection with a robbery by sudden snatching that occurred earlier this month.
According to the arrest report, on March 3, a man had his wallet snatched from under his arm while withdrawing money from an ATM in front of Publix at 4121 West Commercial Boulevard.
The report states after reviewing surveillance video of the robbery, deputies familiar with the area and its homeless population quickly identified Liburd as a potential suspect.
According to the report, deputies recognized Liburd based on his physical build, face, and distinctive green and beige colored camouflage mask. Libard was captured on Publix video surveillance wearing a black shirt, black shorts, and the said mask over his head.
The Publix Assistant Store manager also confirmed to deputies that Liburd had been given numerous trespass warnings in the past and that she was 100% positive that he was the person seen in the video footage committing the robbery.
On March 27, deputies arrested Liburd while trespassing inside the Coin Laundry at 3803 West Commercial Boulevard. Upon arrest, the report states Liburd admitted that he was always in front of the Publix and had the distinctive green and beige camouflage mask.
In addition to robbery charges in connection to the Publix crime, Liburd was also charged with trespassing at the Coin Laundry. In 2022, he was arrested three times for drug and trespassing crimes.
Deputies took Liburd into custody and transported him to the Broward County Main Jail.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsFebruary 27, 2024Restaurant Ordered Closed After Inspection Discovers 13 Health Code Violations
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024BSO Rallies to Safeguard Seniors with Scam Prevention Event
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024From Prison to Prayer: Dr. Yehudah Pryce’s Path to Spirituality and Judaism
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Chamber Invites Local Businesses to Kings Point Expo on February 26