By Agrippina Fadel
The City of Tamarac invites residents to a vibrant Juneteenth Celebration commemorating the historic day that marked the abolition of slavery in the United States of America.
Juneteenth, also called Freedom Day, goes back to June 19, 1865, when the announcement of the Emancipation Proclamation came to Galveston, Texas, freeing thousands of enslaved men, women, and children.
Held on Friday, June 16, from 7 to 9:30 p.m. at the Tamarac Sports Complex, the celebration will come alive with captivating dance performances by Ashanti Cultural Arts and soulful live music by Motown Magic.
The guests can indulge in delicious delights from local food trucks while the children enjoy the exciting inflatables, arts and crafts, and face painting in the dedicated kids’ area.
The event is free, and residents are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and blankets.
Tamarac Sports Complex is located at 9901 NW 77th Street.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsSeptember 24, 2023High Schoolers Offered 100 Service Hours for Fostering Dogs from Broward County Animal Care
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Lauderhill Police Hold Next ‘Coffee with a Cop’ October 12
- NewsSeptember 19, 2023Tamarac Offers Free Certification Course for HOA Board Members
- NewsSeptember 19, 2023Ticket Alert: Flashback Four Rocks Kings Point Palace Sept. 23