A quick thinking 13-year old prevented herself from becoming a victim of a neighbor’s plan to lure her into his apartment by escaping him and reporting him to her mother.
The victim went to drop off a shopping cart by the fifth floor elevator at her Tamarac Apartment near Rock Island and Bailey Road. As she was leaving, the suspect Michael Mora, 25, came from the hallway and according to the teen, greeted her. He turned around, looked directly at her and said hello. She continued to walk towards her apartment but before she knew what was happening, Mora was standing next to her and in front of his apartment. According to the police affidavit, he asked “Where are you going?” When she told him she was going home, Mora pointed towards his apartment, reached out and attempted to grab her by her right wrist. She pulled her arm back, and he was not able to grab her, but his hand brushed against her right arm.
Fearing for her safety, and thinking that Mora was attempting to abduct her, the teen ran back to her apartment and told her mother what had happened.
The suspect was questioned by BSO officers where he resisted arrest. He was taken to Broward County Jail and was charged with Kidnapping and Battery on an Officer.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.08.21Tamarac’s Michael Cernech Makes Announcement Regarding Delray Beach City Manager Position
- News2019.08.20Delray Beach Picks Tamarac City Manager for Top Position
- News2019.08.20Petco Donates $250,000 to Broward County Animal Care and Adoption Programs
- Events2019.08.19Register Now for the Next City-Wide Garage Sale in Tamarac