By: Sharon Aron Baron
A motorcyclist was killed in a collision with a minivan on Friday and detectives suspect excessive speed on the part of the motorcyclist played a part.
Just after 1 p.m. a Kawasaki Ninja motorcycle driven by David Grandison, 24, of Tamarac, was heading east on West McNab Road in the far right lane. At that same time, a Honda Odyssey minivan, driven by Gustavo Ponce, 55, of Tamarac, traveling west on the same road entered the left turn lane to go south onto Brookwood Boulevard. As the Honda made a left turn, the Kawasaki crashed into the passenger side of the minivan ejecting Grandison from the Kawasaki.
Tamarac Fire Rescue responded to incident and pronounced Grandison deceased. The minivan driver didn’t report any injuries, at the time. He is cooperating with Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide Investigation unit.
Detectives suspect that excessive speed on the part of the motorcyclist may have contributed to the crash. Their investigation continues.
Anyone with information is asked to contact BSO THI Detective Michael Wiley at 954-321-4205 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Events2019.09.13Sell Your Stuff at the Semi-Annual J.P. Taravella Community Garage Sale
- Crime & Safety2019.09.11In Wake of Parkland Shooting: BSO Providing Bleed Control Kits to Broward Schools
- Events2019.09.11Humane Society Holds Pet Playdate Camp September 30
- Crime & Safety2019.09.10Sheriff Tony Appoints New Undersheriff