By: Sharon Aron Baron
A motorcyclist was killed in a collision with a minivan on Friday and detectives suspect excessive speed on the part of the motorcyclist played a part.
Just after 1 p.m. a Kawasaki Ninja motorcycle driven by David Grandison, 24, of Tamarac, was heading east on West McNab Road in the far right lane. At that same time, a Honda Odyssey minivan, driven by Gustavo Ponce, 55, of Tamarac, traveling west on the same road entered the left turn lane to go south onto Brookwood Boulevard. As the Honda made a left turn, the Kawasaki crashed into the passenger side of the minivan ejecting Grandison from the Kawasaki.
Tamarac Fire Rescue responded to incident and pronounced Grandison deceased. The minivan driver didn’t report any injuries, at the time. He is cooperating with Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide Investigation unit.
Detectives suspect that excessive speed on the part of the motorcyclist may have contributed to the crash. Their investigation continues.
Anyone with information is asked to contact BSO THI Detective Michael Wiley at 954-321-4205 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.01.21The Window for School Choice Applications Shuts February 8
- News2021.01.21No Serious Injuries After Single-Vehicle Crash in Tamarac
- News2021.01.21State COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Scheduling System Now Up in Broward County
- News2021.01.19Make-A-Wish Surprises Tamarac Teen with Exclusive Shopping Spree