By: Sharon Aron Baron
An elderly female driver has died of her injuries after her car crashed into a garbage truck on the morning last week in Tamarac.
At approximately 5:44 a.m on May 12, Tamarac resident Sondra Ransom, 66, was driving her Hyundai sedan southbound on University Drive nearing the 58 street intersection. At the same moment, a garbage truck was traveling westbound on 58 street and had already begun to cross University Drive in order to enter the Midway Plaza shopping center. Ransom failed to see the truck and crashed her car into the side of the garbage truck. Her car’s driver side compartment was crushed by the impact.
The driver of the truck was not injured during the crash. Tamarac Fire Rescue treated Ransom and transported her to Broward Health Medical Center. She later died on May 19.
Ransom was an employee at American Express and lived at Concorde Village.
The traffic homicide investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to contact BSO Traffic Homicide Detective Kelliher at 954-321-4840.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County