By Sharon Aron Baron
Hispanic Unity of Florida continues to provide free, no-cost tax preparation services in 2021.
For over 19 years, HUF has been the largest provider of no-cost tax preparation services to thousands of qualified Broward County residents through its volunteer, and partner-driven, Broward Tax Pro.
Other partners include the Children’s Services Council of Broward County, United Way of Broward County, Citi Community Development, Community Access Center, Bank of America, Third Federal Savings & Loan, 211 Broward, HandsOn Broward, Broward County, and Broward County Libraries.
To qualify for the zero-cost program, Broward County families, or individuals, must make less than $66,000 per year. Clients who meet the requirement will have a skilled, IRS-certified tax professional’s expertise to prepare his or her return. Additionally, callers will be supported step-by-step through the online process and assisted with any current, general tax questions in English, Spanish, and Haitian-Creole.
With the virtual, online program, qualified taxpayers can upload their documents via a secure website by visiting www.VITAtaxesfree.org. After uploading the necessary information, visitors to the site will be contacted within 72 hours by a staff member to complete the return and submit it to the IRS for processing.
The Tax Hotline at 954-678-6882 serves as an informational and referral hub to support the virtual/online preparation service.
Trained and certified tax professionals are available to answer questions regarding stimulus checks and other frequently asked general questions. The Hotline is open from Monday through Thursday, 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., Friday and Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Felipe Pinzon, HUF’s Executive Director, said the virtual version is of the same great quality as the previous in-person program.
“Clients should feel confident about submitting their tax information through our safe, secure, and encrypted website provided in partnership with Code for America.”
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.23Joseph Britner Joins University Hospital and Medical Center as New Chief Operating Officer
- News2021.09.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Welcomes 2 New Businesses to Town
- News2021.09.21Tamarac Resident Warns Neighbors After Coyote Sighting
- News2021.09.20Reserve Your Space at Tamarac’s City-Wide Garage Sale