Head over to the Tamarac Community Center this Thanksgiving where you can enjoy a free Thanksgiving dinner surrounded by new friends.
The idea behind the Thanksgiving Holiday Orphan Meal (THOM) created by Lauderdale-by-the-Sea resident Eric Yankwitt is that you don’t spend Thanksgiving alone. Originally created back 2005, this year THOM will be serving 10,000 meals in 10 different locations in the Fort Lauderdale area including Tamarac.
According to Revella Hadley, owner of Black Swan Special Events and president-elect of the Tamarac Kiwanis, both the Tamarac Kiwanis and the Key Club of Piper High School will be sponsoring this event at the Tamarac Community Center.
Anyone is welcome to come and have a free Thanksgiving meal between 11 am and 2 pm. The only thing that is asked is that you come and meet your neighbors in the community and have a great time.
Thanksgiving Holiday Orphan Meal
Thursday, November 24th 11 am – 2 pm
Tamarac Community Center
8601 W. Commercial Blvd.
Contact Revella Hadley 754-471-6323 for more information
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.05.25Register for Tamarac’s Memorial Day Ceremony Followed By Live Music May 30
- News2022.05.24Detectives Search for a Missing Tamarac Teen
- News2022.05.18Joey Lanouette Qualifies by Petition for the Tamarac City Commission District 2 Seat
- News2022.05.16Official 2022/23 Broward County Public Schools Color Calendar is Out