By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac along with the Veterans Affairs Committee will hold its Memorial Day Service on May 25 at 10:30 am to honor all Americans who made the supreme sacrifice with their unselfish devotion in order to defend our heritage of liberty and justice for all.
Keynote speaker will be Richard Crusan, Executive Officer of the US Southern Command Public Affairs Office. Crusan’s career active duty assignments include Fort Knox, Kentucky; Fort Monmouth, New Jersey, Fort Polk, Louisiana; Schofield Barracks, Hawaii; Fort Buchanan, Puerto Rico and Fort Sam Houston, Texas. His deployments include Operations Just Cause and Promote Liberty in Panama, 1989 and 1990, respectively; Operations Desert Shield and Storm and Task Force Freedom in Southwest Asia, 1990 and 1991; and Operations Uphold Democracy and Secure Tomorrow in Haiti, 1994 and 2004.
He retired from active duty service in 2005 after serving as the Public Affairs Officer for US Army South.
Also at the ceremony: students from Tamarac and Challenger Elementary along with Renaissance Charter School will be reading their essays, and the audience can hear the music from our award-winning JP Taravella High School band.
Come shake the hands of our heroes who served our country at Veterans Memorial Park located at 7825 Southgate Boulevard. Refreshments served afterwards.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.09.19Coral Springs Center for the Arts Launches Comedy and Music October and November
- News2019.09.18Tamarac City Commissioners Voted to Approve Office Furnishings in Amended Budget
- News2019.09.18Broward County Schools Holds ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2019.09.17Students Can Earn Service Hours at 34th Annual International Coastal Cleanup